JAPANESE BAMBOO MATCHA CHASHAKU
- Authentic Japanese Bamboo Matcha Scoop
- Made in Nara Takayama
- Cold snowy winters in the region produce the best quality bamboo in Japan
- Naturally dried and cured bamboo
- Non-Chemically-Bleached Bamboo
- Made by 3rd generation master craftsman Tanimura Yasaburo
You can tell the difference!
Handcrafted Japanese Nara Takayama Chashaku using locally sourced bamboo, made for Ocha & Co. by 3rd generation master craftsman Tanimura Yasaburo. These bamboo matcha scoops are made with the same quality Kyoto bamboo as his signed chashaku but at a fraction of the cost. The bamboo from the region is regarded as the best quality in Japan due to the cold snowy winters found in the region. The bamboo is cut in early winter and left to dry naturally before being ready to use. Naturally dried and cured bamboo still has the original colour of the bamboo while lower quality scoops invariably has been chemically bleached to speed up ther process.